The mission of BOMA's Codes & Regulations Committee is to provide technical support on code-related issues to the Government Affairs Policy Advisory Committee (GAPAC); educate BOMA members about construction industry codes, standards, ordinances and regulations and their impact on the commercial real estate industry; and provide input into the code-making process at the state and local levels consistent with BOMA’s policy positions.
- Support member information needs regarding codes, building permit procedures and policies, and their implementation and impact on commercial property owners and managers
- Identify codes, procedures, and policies related to commercial real estate
- Sponsor an annual seminar on such issues as are relevant and of timely interest to the membership
- Provide brown bag talks, written articles in the BOMA newsletter, and email alerts as necessary
- Serve as primary committee connecting BOMA San Francisco to the San Francisco Building and Planning Departments, the Building Inspection Commission, the Access Appeals Commission, the City’s Code Advisory Committees, and other bodies representing building codes and code enforcement at the state and local level