Emergency Preparedness Committee
Chair: Jackson Talbot Cushman & Wakefield, The Pyramid Center, (415) 797-2210, email@example.com
The mission of BOMA San Francisco's Emergency Preparedness Committee is to
- Support BOMA member information needs regarding security and life safety measures
- Facilitate communication between BOMA members and their tenants
- Support Government agency needs and facilitate communication between those entities and BOMA members
To identify exemplary safety, security, emergency preparedness and incident prevention practices in the commercial property field, and to educate members about the security and life safety assessment and planning tools, and range of preparedness options available to them.
Visit and subscribe to the BOMA San Francisco Advocacy Blog (www.bomasanfrancisco.blogspot.com) for the real-time updates of issues that affect the commercial real estate industry in San Francisco, Marin and San Mateo Counties.
BOMA San Francisco's 2013 Emergency Preparedness Seminar Information
BOMA San Francisco's Emergency Preparedness Committee members held a well-attended Emergency Preparedness Seminar on September 11, 2013 at the Port Commission Hearing Room at the Ferry Building. Indeed, we ran out of chairs! This information-packed emergency preparedness seminar was produced for property and facilities managers, tenants, building security staff, and public sector emergency responders.
San Francisco Fire Chief, Joanne Hayes-White
- Please click here to review our blog post on the seminar
- Please click here to download the seminar handout
BOMA San Francisco's 2013 Emergency Preparedness Workshop Information
- February 20, 2013 - How to Prepare and Respond to an Emergency
- April 10, 2013 - High Rise Active Shooter Preparedness
- November 19, 2013 - Elevator Safety and Emergency Response.pdf
BOMA San Francisco's Emergency Preparedness Committee
- BOMA's Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Resource Links
- BOMA San Francisco's Neighborhood Emergency Coalition Information
- BOMA San Francisco's Neighborhood Emergency Coalition Information - Template
- Security Advisory - See Something ~ Say Something
- BARCfirst - Bay Area Response Coalition
- Fisherman's Wharf Community Benefit District - PIERsafe Program
- BOMA New York - Superstorm Sandy Lessons Learned
- Building Business Resilience from the Ground Up - Courtesy of BlackRock
- DHS Best Practices for Safe Mail Handling
- Disaster Preparedness & an Employer's Legal Duty - Courtesy of Littler law firm
- NYPD Bomb Threat Checklist
- NYPD Suspicious Package Information
Earthquakes: Part 1 - A workshop presented by BOMA Silicon Valley's Emergency Preparedness Committee
Getting ready before the next quake is the focus of this 2 ½ hour workshop. The Emergency Preparedness Committee has put together the resources and information to prepare your building, staff and tenants.
The Great California Shakeout - October 17, 2013
- The 2013 Great California ShakeOut earthquake drill will be held this year on October 17th at 10:17 a.m. (mark your calendars- ShakeOut is always on the third Thursday of October). In 2012 more than 9 million Californians participated, and already more than 1.1 million people have been registered in 2013.
In order to accomplish their objectives, the BOMA San Francisco Emergency Preparedness Committee (EPC) members have divided the committee into six subcommittees. The structure of the monthly meetings have been formatted to allow for a presentation, public sector updates, and time for each subcommittee chair to provide an update to EPC members. The remaining time is dedicated to a interactive group table top exercise. The hypotheical scenario facilitates BOMA San Francisco members to share the best emergency preparedness practices.
- Communication Subcommittee Chair - Stacia Keisner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event and Event Management Subcommittee Chair - EPC Vice Chair, Lou Cuneo, email@example.com
- Neighborhood Subcommittee Chair - Ellen Kovach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private/Public Sector Liaison Subcommittee Chair, Barry Cardoza, email@example.com
- Training Subcommittee Chair, Shea Baldez, firstname.lastname@example.org