NOTE: Energy & Environment Committee meets the first Tuesday of every other month for its meeting located at the Ferry Building, Port Commission Hearing Room (2nd floor). If you are interested in committee membership and/or relevant activities, please contact the chair listed above.
The Energy and Environment Committee's mission is:
- To help commercial buildings become more energy efficient and reduce the spread of green house gasses
- To promote environmentally sustainable business practices in the commercial real estate industry
- To facilitate the implementation of best practices in the management of solid waste and hazardous waste recycling and disposal
- To promote the implementation and ongoing maintenance of water conservation plans in commercial office buildings
- To educate building owners and managers about upcoming issues of compliance, municipal ordinances, and industry benchmarks
- To promote the use of appropriate assessment tools to determine environmental risks if best practices are not implemented
- To promote practices that ensure a healthy indoor air quality is maintained at all times
- To promote implementation of green building practices whenever possible, including the purchasing of recycled and recyclable products
- To promote environmentally sustainable transportation policies.
Visit and subscribe to the BOMA San Francisco Advocacy Blog for the real-time updates of issues that affect the commercial real estate industry in San Francisco, Marin and San Mateo Counties.
- BOMA LED Program
- BOMA San Francisco's EARTH Aware Checklist
- BOMA Title 24 Video
- PG&E Rebates, Incentives and Resources
- PG&E Step-up and Power Down
- Recology Waste Zero
- San Francisco Department of the Environment
- San Francisco Energy Watch
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission